Thomas Merton: A Mind Awake in the Dark.
Conference Papers from the Third General Meeting of the TMS.Edited by
Paul M Pearson, Danny Sullivan and Ian Thomson.
by Three Peaks Press
get your copy...
The following papers are included in the book of conference
Supplement: A selection of poems performed at
the Conference Poetry Reading by Patrick O'Brien, David Scott, Diana Walls &
- A.M. Allchin. Merton and Traherne - The Two Thomases.
- Lawrence Cunningham. Who is a Stranger?
- Christine Bochen. Radiant Darkness: The Dawning into Reality.
- Dominic Walker. Sharing our faith journey - for Merton there is no
- The Poetry of Thomas Merton:
Paul M. Pearson.
- Patrick Eastman. Marriage of East and West: The Contribution of Thomas
Merton and Bede Griffiths to Inter-religious Dialogue.
- Danny Sullivan and When the Light of the East meets the Kim Wolfe-Murray.
Wisdom of the West.
- Monika-Clare Ghosh. Night is our Ministry.
- Gary P. Hall. A City is Something you Do...
- Rich Fournier. The Portable Cloister of the Heart: Emerging New Forms of
the Monastic Impulse.
- David Henderson. Self-experience in Thomas Merton and C.G.Jung: Apophatic
and Cataphatic Traditions in the 20th Century.
- John Noffsinger. Thomas Merton and the Edenic Vision.
- Cristobal Serran-Pagan Merton's Understanding of the Mystical y Fuentes.
Doctrine of Saint John of the Cross' Dark Night of the Soul.
- Patrick O'Brien. 'And when I am lifted up from the earth I shall draw all
to myself' - a homily.
the Thomas Merton Society home-page