The Aims of the Society are:
- To promote interest in and study of Thomas Merton and his concerns.
- To encourage the formation of local groups or chapters of the Society.
- To organise national meetings of the Society.
- To encourage the publication of works by or about Thomas Merton in the
United Kingdom and Ireland.
- To issue twice yearly The Merton Journal, containing articles, book
reviews and other information of interest to the members of the Society.
The Members of the Committee are:
Honorary President of the Society is Canon A.M.Allchin.
- Derek Reeve. Portsmouth. (Chair.)
- Larry Culliford. Brighton.
- Stephen Dunhill.
Berwick upon Tweed.
(Membership Secretary -
- Lyn Ellis. Goring-on-Thames.
- Fiona Gardner. Bath.
Karl Goswell. Hereford.
- Heather Lyons. Southsea.
the Thomas Merton Society home-page